Head of SAP Advisory Services - CIOVP.com
Share with your peers, friends or project leaders
Deepak Mandrekar is the managing partner and head of our SAP program advisory services practice. He dedicates 100% of his time in leading our client SAP implementations as an advisor and project delivery executive. He is one of widely recognized and respected leader in the SAP industry known for his expertise across all key areas of SAP implementation including program governance, delivery, change management, architecture and quality management. He has held several leadership roles at SAP America and also at many of our clients. Deepak hold MS in engineering from Purdue University. He is also a recipient of two national awards for his contributions in science and technology
Most often we are directly engaged by the end-customer that is implementing SAP to serve as an exclusive advisor to protect their interests and ensure success of the SAP implementation. Occassionally we are contracted by the SAP systems integrator to advise and help them setup and execute the project by providing a neutral expert guidance while working with their customer leadership to ensure that client expectations are met to satisfaction by the integrator.
Area of Expertise
- Pre-Planning: Evaluation of SAP packages and technology in alignment with your corporate business goals
- Selection of SAP Systems Integrator: Establish criteria to evaluate potential SAP systems integrators like Accenture, IBM, Deloitte, Cap Gemini, etc and lead the vendor selection process.
- Interview and Select Vendor Leadership: Interview all senior executives, partners and project managers and select the most competent leaders with your specific SAP package implementation for the project planning phase.
- Global Template Rollout: Establish, standardize and enhance global template for rollout to different countries and regions. Lead implementation in alignment with global rollout across various workstreams and regions.
- Statement of Work: Lead your corporate executives and project executive sponsor to draft a comprehensive statement of work for blueprint. Better you define your SOW, higher the chances of high quality blueprint and success of the overall SAP implementation.
- Evaluate Project Estimates and Workplan: Review blueprint work effort estimation, project work plan as well as staffing model.
- Chair the Change Control Board: Manage the project scope versus deliverables as defined in the statement of work. Review all scope change requests and mitigate any scope creep issues or approvals together with the sponsor and business leadership.
- Oversee and advise on SAP blueprint execution mainly focusing on Org change management, leadership strategy, business requirements definition, SAP software fit gap analysis, change control governance and PMO.
- Review SAP software fit gap analysis and RICEF list: Conduct thorough review of SAP fit gap analysis based on business requirements. Validate realization phase work effort estimates using RICEF list as a reference.
- Validate Solution Architecture: Review solution architecture with project architects and validate the same with standard SAP delivered solution.
- QA on Functional & Technical Designs: Perform QA reviews on randomly chosen / complex SAP functional and technical design specification documents.
- RICEF Objects Build Reviews: Conduct RICEF and custom developed components build review to verify quality of coding, compliance with development and naming standards.
- Oversee SAP Systems Deployment: Verify SAP systems deployment is in accordance with the strategy defined during the blueprint phase and follows best practices for SAP systems deployment and go-live.
- Enable COE Transition: Ensure that your corporate IT team is setup to run and maintain the new SAP systems post go-live. Verify a complete SAP systems and solution knowledge transition plan is in place coupled with resources to perform ongoing system enhancements.
- Training and Onboarding Your Run-The-Business Organisation: Ensure that project OCM and training teams have completed stepwise onboarding and training of your current run-the-business organisation so that they can now run your business operations using the new SAP system.
More on our founder and head of SAP advisory services:
- Deepak works on only one project at a time and dedicates at least 40 hours per week to the project he has undertaken. When between fulltime engagements, he undertakes "QA and Investigation" assignments that are in the pipeline of our advisory practice.
- He was an SAP Program Advisor for $90 million SAP project of $7 billion global retail leader overseeing 170 project resources, big 4 SAP implementation partner and multiple vendors.
- He has audited troubled SAP projects for a SAP public sector and several other companies including industries like consumer goods, retail, manufacturing, etc.
- SAP Program Advisor for a global distributor and also a public sector entity to evaluate SAP packages, manage selection of SAP systems integrator, SOW execution, etc.
- Invited as SAP expert witness to investigate a lawsuit associated with a major SAP project failure involving a US public sector entity and a big 4 consulting firm.
- Former SAP America leader and expert who spent almost a decade in managing and implementing SAP solution for mostly fortune 500 companies.
- Full lifecycle SAP implementation including global rollouts and leadership experience for over 13 years.
- Two time national award recipient for contribution to science and technology